Monday, January 4, 2010

"Winter White"


Happy New Year 2010!!  Here we are, January 4th, 2010, the season of Winter White.  Everything is clean, smelling of lavender, white, starched and pressed.  White linen and lace have been put in place of the burgundy and forest greens of Christmas.  Victoria's magazine January/February 2010 issue is full of bliss, vintage lace on top of antique mirrors, white ceramic plates and pitchers,  mother of pearl buttons, and of course white, crisp vintage linen.  I look around at my home and try to find the vision....winter white.  

I close my eyes and try to create the clean, crisp, fresh look.
I open them only to find my Christmas tree is still there with a google of ornaments, and a light white dusting of....frost, no, actual dust on my tables and fire place mantel.  Life is busy.  Holiday is over.  The kids are back in school (in their made-up desks in the living-room along with the tree.)  There is not a lot of time to do a make-over winter white house or even one room of bliss.  But, there is a definate sense of new, an anticipation of what's ahead.  What will I learn?  How will I grow?  What lessons are in store for my children?  How will they grow?  Will I actually work out to remove the dangling upper arms creating toned tanned biceps?  Will I ever paint my bathroom that has pink bow lace stencil?  (For the love of all that is good, please, please let there be paint.)  No resolutions, no long lists of goals, just breathe, a deep, long breath and look around and be thankful.  I am so thankful....  Happy New Year.
P.S.  The pictures of jewelry are some of the new creations I have made and are currently at Magnolia Country Store in La Habra.   Come by and take a look....or email me at vintagejoy@sbcglobal.net.  Lisa
P.S.S.  Victoria magazine January-February 2010 is a definate must!!

No comments:

Post a Comment